The launch of the 0.8 version of the open source BIMserver could be called a huge success. But the team is sensitive about the userfeedback. Some users gave great feedback on the 0.8 version. The BIMserver.org development team is now working on some small features and fixes that mainly focus on the usability. Ajax technology is now incorporated in the web-user-interface. We expect to have this new release up and running somewhere in February 2010. Some of the stuff you can expect:
- Some small user-interface bugfixes
- Work in progress notifications
- ‘e-Mail this’ buttons on some (result)pages
- Compare function as a separate feature (not in the revision table anymore)
- Upload in progress notification (because some of us click twice and have a double upload)
As you can see it’s mainly about the web-user-interface. When this make you curious you can have a look at the demo.bimserver.org site. This site will always run the latest (nightly build) version of the bimserver software.