BIMserver.org: new release, new site, new features!
The open source BIMserver just released a new stable version of their software. The new release is the 0.8 version. A lot has changed since the 0.1 version in March this year. Just some of the new features:
- 25% speed increase
- concept of sub-projects
- improved automatic merging
- RSS change notification
- geolocate projects
- improved multi user support
- improved web-user-interface
- google earth network link
- smart revision management
- extended query and filter options
- more details on your revision
- checkout/update warnings (while concurrent engineering)
- enhanced read only access
- enhanced user rights management
- change finder on revisions
- export of CityGML, Collada, KML, IFC properties, O3D
- reference implementation of the CityGML ADE for IFC and BIM
- get a summary of your model
- and a lot more….
Some of these features are a direct result of the successful BIMserver Breakfast in November at TNO; some come from the intense contact with some of our users.
This release of the open source bimserver software is, without a doubt, the ‘best bimserver ever’. The team doesn’t stop developing and new plans are already being deployed.
The latest release is now available for download at download.bimserver.org. The demoserver (which was offline during the final stage of development) is back online as well. Check it out on demo.bimserver.org.
Together with the new software, the team also launches their new website. Because our software is stable and professional, our site also needed a more professional layout.
With this new software-release and the new website the BIMserver.org-team and it’s users are ready for the future.